Wednesday, March 15, 2017

assignment 8

Question 1: When I was outside looking at the brassica plants i was looking for common difference between all of them. I noticed many different things when i looked at the plants and the biggest difference i had seen was the many variation's  of different shaped and colored leafs. Some of The leaves where  very big with holes and some where very small with not holes. The leaves also came in purple, green , light green , and some yellow.

Question 2: I believe that these plants all have different traits and genes because people have been adding artificial selection to make the best suitible plant for all environments.As people keep adding to the plants it also causes these plants to make mutations in there genes witch has also changed round the plant a lot.Also the plants also create natural variants that the plant made its own by changing around its genes for the environment

Question 3:AS I was looking at the brassica plants I did not see much differences but I did notice one constant thing between all the plants and that was that all the plants were relatively the same size. As I was walking I noticed they were about all the same size I think this is because they all come from the same ancestor plant. The ancestor plant must of been the same size as they are now because it has caused all of them to be the same size.

Question 4:For plant breeders to achieve this they had to not try to mess with how fast the plant grows because if they did it would cause the plant to keep growing and getting bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment